[IGSMAIL-5947]: IGS AC Workshop 2010 and Symposium on Vertical Rates from GPS

IGS Electronic Mail      15 May 01:28:52 PDT 2009      Message Number 5947

Author: Matt King

IGS Colleagues,

On behalf of the local organising committee I would like to give you advance notice of the IGS AC Workshop 2010 to be held at Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne (UK) June
28-July 2, 2010. Bob King (rwk @ chandler.mit.edu; MIT) will serve as scientific programme organiser for the workshop. The meeting will be hosted by the Newcastle geodesy group,
with the local organising committee led by Matt King (m.a.king @ ncl.ac.uk).

Workshop on Vertical Rates from GPS: On the final day of the meeting (July 2, 2010) we are planning a special workshop on obtaining accurate and precise vertical rates from GPS,
with particular emphasis on GPS at tide gauges (TIGA) and for glacial isostatic adjustment measurements.

Please reserve these dates in your diary now - we look forward to a productive meeting! If you have any comments or suggestions on the scientific content or organisation aspects
please contact Bob or Matt respectively.

Matt King
Reader in Polar Geodesy & RCUK Academic Fellow
School of Civil Engineering and Geosciences  Email: m.a.king @ ncl.ac.uk
Cassie Building            Ph:    0191 222 7833 Int: + 44 191 222 7833
Newcastle University       Fax:   0191 222 6502 Int: + 44 191 222 6502
Newcastle upon Tyne        Web:   http://www.staff.ncl.ac.uk/m.a.king/
United Kingdom, NE1 7RU           http://www.ceg.ncl.ac.uk/profiles2/m.a.king

Submit a Fall AGU geodesy session proposal: http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm09/
Deadline June 12, 2009